February 4, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday (2)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a meme started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Kim Harrison is one of my favorite urban fantasy authors. Her book WHITE WITCH, BLACK CURSE comes out on the 24th and I can't wait to read it. (Even more lucky for me: her tour will take her right through my town and I'll get to see her in person again.)

Right now though, I'm lusting after the release of the first book in her young adult series, ONCE DEAD, TWICE SHY.

Book Cover

I love the cover, which features a full face and a beautiful title treatment. You can read about Madison Avery in the short story "The Dim Reaper," found in the PROM NIGHTS FROM HELL anthology. The anthology also contains stories from Meg Cabot, Stephenie Meyer, Michele Jaffe, and Lauren Myracle.

This book will be released 26 May 2009 from HarperTeen. The book doesn't have a blurb yet, so I'll just post the blurb from WHITE WITCH, BLACK CURSE since I'm lusting after it as well:

Some wounds take time to heal . . . and some scars never fade.

Rachel Morgan, kick-ass witch and bounty hunter, has taken her fair share of hits, and has broken lines she swore she would never cross. But when her lover was murdered, it left a deeper wound than Rachel ever imagined, and now she won't rest until his death is solved . . . and avenged. Whatever the cost.

Yet the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and when a new predator moves to the apex of the Inderlander food chain, Rachel's past comes back to haunt her.

Literally.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Ooh! Ohh!! I didn't even KNOW about this book! How did I NOT know? I need it! Kim Harrison is the only author I truly pine for every year, you just made me a very happy bookworm and I am adding this to my wishlist!

    I think I even have PROM NIGHTS FROM HELL on my bookshelf, I'm going to have to re-read that one again now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her titles - they're so catchy! That is a beautiful cover! I've not read any of Kim Harrison's books. I'll have to check them out as well :)

    cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...