August 4, 2010

I Heart Daily and SHARE

Have you subscribed to I Heart Daily yet? It's co-written by Melissa Walker, young adult author, and Anne Ichikawa.

They describe I Heart Daily as
a free newsletter of stuff we like. Each day, you’ll find out about one thing: The band you should hear, the girl who’s kicking ass in the world, the lipstick color that looks good on everyone, the designer who doesn’t have a fashion show yet but is completely amazing… you get the idea.

You’ll never hear about stuff we hate, just stuff we heart.
We’re nice that way.

I bring it up because today they interviewed Shannon, a teen girl who founded SHARE, designed to empower girls in Tanzania through education, particularly literacy. Here are the instructions on how to hold a book drive, though there are many other ways to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...