January 2, 2011

In My Mailbox

The Story Siren isn't currently doing In My Mailbox, but I wanted to post this week. Between end-of-the-year clearance sales, credit at used book stores from my yearly clear out, and Christmas giftcards, I bought a number of books this weekend. They include:
Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4)Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2)
I've finally started reading Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series.  I bought FROSTBITE and BLOOD PROMISE, but I still need SHADOW KISS!  (I hate reading out of order.)

HEIST SOCIETY by Ally Carter
BLAMELESS by Gail Carriger
MAGIC AT THE GATE by Devon Monk
THE KING MUST DIE by Mary Renault

Playing Easy to GetI've been looking for PLAYING EASY TO GET for a long time, since it contains the first novella in Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series.  I'm really happy I found a copy of this one at Half-Price Books.

WHITE WITCH, BLACK CURSE by Kim Harrison
WEBMAGE by Kelly McCullough
LOVE SUCKS! by Mel Francis

Are You Alone on Purpose?
I love Nancy Werlin, but somehow never heard of ARE YOU ALONE ON PURPOSE? until I ran across it on the shelves of Katy Budget Books.

STRANGE CANDY by Laurell K. Hamilton
THE DEMON KING AND I by Candace Havens
STREET GANG by Michael Davis
BOOM! by Mark Haddon
THE TEMPTATION OF THE NIGHT JASMINE by Lauren Willig
THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE by Audrey Niffenegger

Inventory: 16 Films Featuring Manic Pixie Dream Girls, 10 Great Songs Nearly Ruined by Saxophone, and 100 More Obsessively Specific Pop-Culture Lists
I love the A. V. Club, so I was happy to find INVENTORY (a compilation of Inventory columns) for $3.99 at Borders.  (I am so, so sad that Borders is likely to go out of business.)
THE ELEPHANT VANISHES by Haruki Murakami
DIVINE MISDEMEANORS by Laurell K. Hamilton
THE LAST LIGHT OF THE SUN by Guy Gavriel Kay
JAPANESE SCHOOLGIRL INFERNO: Tokyo Teen Fashion by Patrick Macias and Izumi Evers

I also bought three books earlier in the week which are back at my mom's house.  They included a postmodern book about cartography, a mystery about a female secret P.I. in modern China, and BETWEEN THE ASSASSINATIONS by Aravind Adiga.

2 comments:

  1. I need to start reading Vampire Academy series. Good for you for starting. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fast!

    I am enjoying it, or at least I enjoyed the first two. They're just enough different from the pack to standout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...