October 20, 2013

All Hallow's Read

Art by Sean Von Gorman
It's that time of year again . . . All Hallow's Read!  Participation is super simple: just give someone a scary book for Halloween! 

If you don't know what to give, there are lists all over the internet to help you out.  Try one of these thirty spooky stories from The Mary Sue.  They cover books for kids and adults.  If you're just aiming for young readers, then here's a list from Neil Gaiman, who started All Hallow's Read, put out by HarperCollins Childrens.  Or just browse through the Book Recommendations section of the All Hallow's Read site.

Or, if you don't have the money to pass out books, try this terrific printable from Hafuboti.  It's a short comic that you can print off and assemble into a little booklet.  It's a version of "The Golden Arm" with a librarian twist.

Here are some October 2013 books I think would make great gifts:
And if you're still confused or if you need to hear a British accent, here's a video with Neil Gaiman explaining All Hallow's Read:

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including my booklet in your post! You totally made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's super cute and such a great idea.

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love Halloween and I love scary books, too! I haven't read any of the books you recommended, so I'll have to look through the synopses when I'm in the mood for a creepy read. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...