November 6, 2016

A Date with a Misprint

Today at Barnes and Nobel, I purchased an amazing misprint of A Date at the Altar, the new novel by Cathy Maxwell.


As you can see, especially if you look at the series title Marrying the Duke, one layer being off misaligns all of them. The main image is too far up, revealing the gutter. (Some alignment marks are visible.) The gloss is left on its own, as is the metallic embossing. You can even see where the X cuts off to accommodate the lady's hair.

I checked and the inside is perfectly readable, so I happily bought this misprinted copy. I love the way it reveals the work that goes into making a perfect copy look so snazzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! To reduce spam I moderate all posts older than 14 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...